What is cloud computing?
Cloud computing is an online form of computing (Web 2.0) where users can access applications via a browser on virtual servers connected across data centers in the cloud.
Cloud computing provides computation, software, data access, and storage services that do not require end-user knowledge of the physical location and configuration of the system that delivers the services.
Cloud computing changes your business – how?
- Enabling scaling of capacities - Elastic nature of the cloud computing makes it normal to expect IT systems to be able to handle 1 or 1 million processes almost instantly with least additional costs.
- The economics of cloud computing - Lets innovative companies create products and services that are significantly less expensive to run your business processes that make your business more competitive.
- A new lightweight form of IT solutions and services - Cloud computing will provide agility and control that traditional IT outsourcing cannot match for the most part.
- Leverage of the greater Internet and Web 2.0 in particular - Web has grown up considerably in the Web 2.0 era, bringing in scale, security, performance, agile technologies and architectures to the cloud computing.
- The rise of new industry leaders and IT vendors - Many entirely new players competing with the big firms, forcing traditional
- vendors and customers to change over to the newer IT delivery models.
- Your life will be “embedded” to the Internet via various devices - your life is not only “connected” to the web, but “embedded” to the web. You are no longer required to “log on” to the cloud; you are living in the cloud.
Why Cloud computing? How does it benefit your business?
- Scalability - Supports massive scalability to meet periods of demand while avoiding extended periods of under-utilized IT capacity.
- IT optimization - promotes IT optimization so that IT resources are configured for maximum cost-benefit.
- Reduced Cost - Cloud technology is paid incrementally, a lot cheaper and less labor -intensive for companies.
- Increased Storage - Organizations can store more data than on private computer systems.
- Highly Automated - No longer do IT personnel need to worry about keeping software up to date.
- Flexibility - Cloud computing offers much more flexibility than past computing methods.
- Mobility - Employees can access information wherever they are, rather than having to remain at their desks.
- Rapid & enhanced service delivery - Results from the ability to orchestrate the tasks to create, configure, provision and computing power for customer retention, faster time to market and horizontal market expansion.
- Availability - Cloud enables the dynamic availability of IT applications and infrastructure, regardless of location
- Allows IT to Shift Focus - No longer having to worry about constant server updates and other computing issues, organizations
- Quick Start - Cloud computing can be very quick and easy to get up and running.
Alcove’s Cloud Applications Service Offerings :
Alcove works with worldwide businesses as their Cloud applications partner. Alcove’s cloud technology services offerings are as follows;
- Cloud applications strategy, consulting and cloud computing advisory services
- Proof of concept and Prototype development & deployment of cloud applications
- Architecting, designing, development and deployment of highly scalable, robust, business applications for cloud
- Transforming and cloud enabling existing applications and help product/solution owners to enlarge their customer base through Cloud offerings
- Application and Data migration & Integration services.
- Business Process improvement & Applications Optimization & fine tuning services for Cloud Applications
Cloud applications and cloud service providers performance monitoring and SLA improvement services
Alcove’s lines of services in cloud computing :
Alcove helps out businesses to develop, migrate their applications to migrate and provide services to customers in various forms and processes of cloud computing as their Technology services partner. Some of the services Alcove provides span across;
- Infrastructure-as-a-Service (IaaS) - Cloud based/enabled hardware, data storage, networking, bandwidth, Servers, Routers, Switches, Data services etc.., E.g. Amazon & Rackspace etc.
- Platform-as-a-Service (PaaS) - Application Server Stack like .Net framework, VS.Net, SQL Server etc.., E.g. Microsoft Azure, Google AppEngine etc.
- Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) - Software applications on the cloud, shared and used by different users on a monthly / quarterly / yearly subscription or pay-per-use / user basis. E.g. Saleforce.com, NetSuite etc.
- Integration as a Service (IaaS) - Allows you to connect any combination of Cloud, SaaS, or On-Premises applications with no appliances, no software and least or no coding effort & cost. E.g. Boomi, Cast Iron, Snap Logic, Pervasive, Cazoomi.
Cloud computing + Alcove’s Cloud expertise + our cost effective services = Best value to your businesses
Contact us for further details and our help for all your cloud Applications / Cloud computing initiatives